Top 22 Most Popular FAQ`s
- To receive information on entering / leaving Moldova, contact the green line of the General Inspectorate of Border Police – 0 22 259 717, or the green line for managing the refugee crisis: 080001000;
- You can access the border crossing points in the Republic of Moldova here: https://www.border.gov.md/index.php/ro/harta-punctelor-de-trecere
- Yes, but within 24 hours of crossing the state border, the compulsory civil liability insurance card for damage caused by motor vehicles will have to be purchased.
- During the state of emergency in the Republic of Moldova, the obligation to hold a vignette was suspended.
- No need to present the vaccination certificate or test.
- The border authorities of the Republic of Moldova allow the entry into the Republic of Moldova of unaccompanied children, as well as of children accompanied by adults who are not family members of the minor in the Republic of Moldova. Upon entering the Republic of Moldova, children unaccompanied by their parents or guardians will be taken into the custody of the Child Protection Directorate.
- The Embassy of Ukraine has informed that the process of issuing new passports has been suspended. Travel passports with an expired term of no more than 4 years may be extended.
- According to the CSE of the Republic of Moldova, point 20 Ukrainian refugees receive free emergency medical care.
- Receive a free insulin after a blood test.
- The citizens of Ukraine, for the period of emergency, have the right to work without special permits.
- It is not true that you cannot leave the Republic of Moldova in the case of an asylum procedure.
- At any time you have the right to withdraw from the asylum procedure and you can leave the Republic of Moldova.
- The procedure for granting refugee status is free of charge.
- When crossing the border if you have a prescription only, it is recommended that you also have a prescription. Drugs and psychotropic substances are not allowed, with the risk of being prosecuted.
- Only a valid foreign passport or a white passport allows you to return from Romania to the Republic of Moldova.
By Disposition no. 1 of February 24, 2022, of the Commission for Exceptional Situations of the Republic of Moldova, it is allowed to enter the country of foreigners coming directly from Ukraine, upon presentation of one of the identity documents, including their copies or in electronic format (diia.gov.ua) , including expired expiration date:
a) for minors:
- Birth certificate,
- The certificate attesting the birth of the child issued by the medical institution,
- National identity document (ID card / internal passport),
- Ordinary passport,
- other types of documents that allow the identification of the person (certificate of identity of the citizen of Ukraine, issued by the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Moldova, temporary identity card issued by the Office of Migration and Asylum, card / ID card, etc.
b) for adults:
- National identity card (ID card, internal passport), ordinary passport,
- Other types of documents that allow the identification of the person (certificate of identity of the citizen of Ukraine, issued by the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Moldova, temporary identity card, issued by the Bureau of Migration and Asylum,
- Driving license,
- Residence permit,
- Military booklet, etc.,
- When crossing the state border on the Moldovan side, no power of attorney (declaration of agreement) is required for minor children if he is accompanied only by a parent;
- Refugees from Ukraine have the right to enter the Republic of Moldova with pets without presenting veterinary health certificates or their passports.
- When crossing the border by children who do not have any documents on them, but are accompanied by their parents, they are allowed to cross the border, with the completion of the formalities by the General Inspectorate of Border Police.
- children can travel on the basis of any act together with the parents if at least from a held act the connection between the parent and the child is clear.
- Foreign nationals are provided with a translator in case of judicial or administrative proceedings.
- Every foreign citizen has the right to seek asylum in the Republic of Moldova.
- The citizens of Ukraine can find out about you
- For complete information on the asylum procedure or obtaining refugee status, please contact the CDA toll-free line (www.cda.md)
- The EU usually recommends that Ukrainians taking refuge in Ukraine and transiting the Republic of Moldova do not complete any animal documents or carry out any vaccine in a hurry because EU standards differ from those of the Republic of Moldova.
- It is recommended that pet owners contact a veterinary clinic within 24 hours of entering the country. At the North Station in Bucharest you can find veterinarians who will help you with the completion of the passport for your pet.
- Ukrainian refugees cannot travel for free by public transport trolleybuses / buses.
- To check what you can benefit from, we encourage you to check out https://dopomoga.gov.md/financial-support