Top 22 Most Popular FAQ`s
Where can I get information on entering / leaving the Republic of Moldova?
- To receive information on entering / leaving Moldova, contact the green line of the General Inspectorate of Border Police – 0 22 259 717, or the green line for managing the refugee crisis: 080001000;
- You can access the border crossing points in the Republic of Moldova here: https://www.border.gov.md/index.php/ro/harta-punctelor-de-trecere
Can the border be crossed in the absence of the green card and / or the vignette?
- Yes, but within 24 hours of crossing the state border, the compulsory civil liability insurance card for damage caused by motor vehicles will have to be purchased.
- During the state of emergency in the Republic of Moldova, the obligation to hold a vignette was suspended.
Is a vaccination certificate or test required upon entering the Republic of Moldova from Ukraine?
- No need to present the vaccination certificate or test.
Are unaccompanied children allowed to cross the border? What about those accompanied by adults who are not part of their family?
- The border authorities of the Republic of Moldova allow the entry into the Republic of Moldova of unaccompanied children, as well as of children accompanied by adults who are not family members of the minor in the Republic of Moldova. Upon entering the Republic of Moldova, children unaccompanied by their parents or guardians will be taken into the custody of the Child Protection Directorate.
Can I obtain travel documents in my country (for example, at the Ukrainian Embassy / Consulate)?
- The Embassy of Ukraine has informed that the process of issuing new passports has been suspended. Travel passports with an expired term of no more than 4 years may be extended.
Can I receive medical assistance in the Republic of Moldova or any other country as a refugee if I do not have health insurance?
- According to the CSE of the Republic of Moldova, point 20 Ukrainian refugees receive free emergency medical care.
- Receive a free insulin after a blood test.
How can foreign nationals work legally in the Republic of Moldova?
- The citizens of Ukraine, for the period of emergency, have the right to work without special permits.
Is it true that if I apply for asylum, I will not be able to leave the territory of the Republic of Moldova?
- It is not true that you cannot leave the Republic of Moldova in the case of an asylum procedure.
- At any time you have the right to withdraw from the asylum procedure and you can leave the Republic of Moldova.
What costs can I expect in this whole process (migration, legal costs, etc.)?
- The procedure for granting refugee status is free of charge.
What documents do I need to cross the border with the medicines I have on me?
- When crossing the border if you have a prescription only, it is recommended that you also have a prescription. Drugs and psychotropic substances are not allowed, with the risk of being prosecuted.
What documents do I need to return from Romania back to the Republic of Moldova?
- Only a valid foreign passport or a white passport allows you to return from Romania to the Republic of Moldova.
What documents are required for the entry of foreign citizens in the Republic of Moldova?
By Disposition no. 1 of February 24, 2022, of the Commission for Exceptional Situations of the Republic of Moldova, it is allowed to enter the country of foreigners coming directly from Ukraine, upon presentation of one of the identity documents, including their copies or in electronic format (diia.gov.ua) , including expired expiration date:
a) for minors:
- Birth certificate,
- The certificate attesting the birth of the child issued by the medical institution,
- National identity document (ID card / internal passport),
- Ordinary passport,
- other types of documents that allow the identification of the person (certificate of identity of the citizen of Ukraine, issued by the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Moldova, temporary identity card issued by the Office of Migration and Asylum, card / ID card, etc.
b) for adults:
- National identity card (ID card, internal passport), ordinary passport,
- Other types of documents that allow the identification of the person (certificate of identity of the citizen of Ukraine, issued by the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Moldova, temporary identity card, issued by the Bureau of Migration and Asylum,
- Driving license,
- Residence permit,
- Military booklet, etc.,
If the child is accompanied only by a parent, is there a need for a power of attorney for minor children?
- When crossing the state border on the Moldovan side, no power of attorney (declaration of agreement) is required for minor children if he is accompanied only by a parent;
What documents are required to enter the Republic of Moldova with pets?
- Refugees from Ukraine have the right to enter the Republic of Moldova with pets without presenting veterinary health certificates or their passports.
Parents have identity documents, children do not have any documents. Under what conditions can they cross the border together?
- When crossing the border by children who do not have any documents on them, but are accompanied by their parents, they are allowed to cross the border, with the completion of the formalities by the General Inspectorate of Border Police.
How can children travel without documents?
- children can travel on the basis of any act together with the parents if at least from a held act the connection between the parent and the child is clear.
If I do not speak the language of the country where I am, will I be provided with a translator?
- Foreign nationals are provided with a translator in case of judicial or administrative proceedings.
Do I have to obtain refugee status in order to remain in the country?
- Every foreign citizen has the right to seek asylum in the Republic of Moldova.
- The citizens of Ukraine can find out about you
Where can I get more information on asylum or refugee status? If an asylum or refugee application is submitted, is it true that I will not be able to leave the Republic of Moldova?
- For complete information on the asylum procedure or obtaining refugee status, please contact the CDA toll-free line (www.cda.md)
If I want to cross the Republic of Moldova to get to a European country, do I have to complete the pet documents?
- The EU usually recommends that Ukrainians taking refuge in Ukraine and transiting the Republic of Moldova do not complete any animal documents or carry out any vaccine in a hurry because EU standards differ from those of the Republic of Moldova.
- It is recommended that pet owners contact a veterinary clinic within 24 hours of entering the country. At the North Station in Bucharest you can find veterinarians who will help you with the completion of the passport for your pet.
What are the conditions of travel of Ukrainian refugees by public transport?
- Ukrainian refugees cannot travel for free by public transport trolleybuses / buses.
Do Ukrainian refugees benefit from any material assistance, free accommodation, money, food or clothing?
- To check what you can benefit from, we encourage you to check out https://dopomoga.gov.md/financial-support