The Public Association “Law Centre of Advocates” is looking for a qualified person for the vacant position of Legal Counselor/Self-Reliance under the EU/UNHCR-funded Regional Protection Program for a period of 8 months, with the possibility of extension. This is a full- time (100%) position.
The applicants should meet the following criteria:
- university degree, preferably in international law or human rights law
- at least one year of relevant legal experience
- fluency in Romanian, Russian and English. This will be tested (please indicate in the Application form/resume the level of knowledge of all three languages).
- ability to work independently and as part of the team
- ability to maintain high level of accuracy in carrying out the assigned tasks
- excellent communication skills
- computer skills
- willingness to work with people of different ethnic and religious backgrounds
- adhere to the core values of the United Nations; in particular, is respectful of differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status
The Legal Counselor will be primarily responsible for:
- providing legal counseling to asylum-seekers, refugees and beneficiaries of humanitarian protection on their rights under national legislation, including, socio-economic rights, access to labor market, entrepreneurship, etc.
- conducting legal assessments of asylum-seekers with a view to establishing their eligibility for the assistance provided by UNHCR and its implementing partners
- assessing the eligibility of asylum-seekers for self-reliance project, assisting with the implementation and monitoring of the self-reliance project, advocating with national authorities and general public
- assisting refugees, beneficiaries of humanitarian protection and stateless persons in finding durable solutions
- update statistics and maintain the database on the assisted cases
- performing other duties as assigned.
The Law Center of Advocates is committed to workforce diversity. Women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non-citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae and cover letter by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 January 2013 the latest. Please be informed that only those selected will be contacted for interview. For additional information please call +373 22 240 898, 240 899.